We’ve certainly had a busy and productive 2016 here at Riddwood Consulting Engineers. During the previous twelve months, we have acquired new management, moved to a new office and further expanded by welcoming six new civil and structural engineers to our team. This new structure has given us the ability to offer even more engineering services with shorter turn-around times than ever before. Aside from our expansion helping to produce a more dedicated quality of work in a shorter timeframe, our progress has also been helped by the introduction of new structural analysis software that helps us to handle those large projects in a short amount of time, through their offerings of electronic drafting and BIM capabilities.
A Long and Proud History of Delivering Practical and Cost-Effective Spaces.
Riddwood Consulting Engineers was founded in 1979 and throughout the past four decades, we have established ourselves as a leading structural and civil engineering firm that is able to carry out work all across the UK. Our range of specialist services have been designed to serve the needs of our client base that are drawn from a vast and diverse spectrum of industries. As all aspects of our work are achieved by working together as a team, we are able to ensure the deliverance of a cost-effective, practical and sustainable solution for any type of project. Our professionalism and efficiency ensures that all projects we undertake run smoothly, placing emphasis on communicating effectively with our clients, so that they’re fully aware of the different aspects of the process.
Our Civil and Structural Engineering Services.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective, yet high-quality structural engineering service – then look no further than Riddwood. Our award-winning services have helped countless people, businesses and public services. We are able to assist:
- Homeowners. Whether you’re looking to purchase a new home, extend it or are concerned about any structural aspects of the property, then we are able to offer our consulting services to offer advice on anything you require. We are proud of being in a position to be able to offer expert professional advice in a clear and concise format, which can only help you to make the right decision. With a change in the home being such an important decision to make, our team of structural engineers are more than happy to discuss whatever requirements you have in mind and provide additional guidance on the best way forward.
- Commercial. Our vast and diverse experience in offering civil and structural engineering services is reflected in the countless commercial properties that we have worked on. The knowledge retained by our team has ranged from undertaking redevelopment of an easyGym on Oxford Street in Central London to producing Front End Engineering Design reports of a Pumped Hydro Scheme in North Wales. Whatever type of property or businesses you’re involved in, you can feel rest assured that we will go that extra mile to understand and take into account the nature of your business before we even contemplate undertaking any structural work.
- Civil Infrastructure. Our Senior Associates have worked all over the world on a vast range of diverse projects, such as motorway and rail corridor construction. Other work that they’ve undertaken include:
- Tunnelling using earth pressure machines.
- Using roadheaders and traditional NATM methods.
- Spanned Bridge and Cable Stayed Bridge Construction (using beam erection).
- Incremental and Segmental Launch methods.
- Design and installation of pipelines.
- Processing plans.
- Structures related to the coal, gas and petrochemical industries.
- Temporary Works. The construction of virtually all types of permanent works requires the usage of some form of temporary works. They are the elements of a construction project that are required to enable the construction of the permanent works – for example, scaffolding, props, shoring, excavation support, falsework and formworks – all services that are removed after the construction of the permanent structure. Our consulting engineers are vastly experienced in carrying out all manner of temporary work; from rigging and staging for events such as the Reading Festival, to site hoarding and propping of multi-storey reinforced concreted structures and conventional formwork during large-scale building projects.
Here at Riddwood, thanks to the experience and skills of our professional structural and civil engineering team, we have one of the widest knowledge bases of any consultancy – which is why we’re able to offer additional project management services to a wide range of projects. We use our expertise to guide your projects towards whatever constraints you may have, be it time, budget or any other unique factor which may accompany your project. Our approach to project management centres around offering clear and concise communication with all parties involved in the project. We also use the latest technology wherever possible to achieve those all-important savings in time, yet still maintaining a high standard of quality. The project services that we offer include:
- Contract Administration.
- Cost planning and economic assessments.
- Project programming and scheduling.
- Structural engineering and design.
- Peer Review.
- Procurement Advice.
Whatever is required, our team are ready to help you to deliver your project’s potential on time and under budget. Our past experience has seen us offering our project management to the following types of projects:
- Residential Developments. Our wide range of clients in this field include local authorities, large developers and private clients that have commissioned smaller housing developments. In addition to this, we have also helped local education authorities with school construction programmes and private companies with developments such as sheltered housing.
- Industrial and Commercial Projects. Our commercial project management has seen use develop properties such as shopping centres, leisure centres and sports facilities. We have also carried out contracts including the development of large offices, multi-storey car parks as well as industrial buildings with high office content – notably the Aero Medical Centre in Baghdad. Civil engineering projects that we’ve carried out includes the design of roads, soil and surface water, culverts and pumping stations. In the vast majority of cases, our consulting and structural engineers carry out a total engineering package that includes feasibilities studies, outline proposals, scheme and detailed design and fabrication drawings.
High-Quality Civil and Structural Engineering Services, From Riddwood.
No matter what type of project you have in mind, our consulting engineers are able to assist you in helping you to achieve your intended results. For more information on our services (including obtaining a free quote) please don’t hesitate to call us on 0118 978 7930 or alternatively, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org